9.20.2012

The Many Things I Want...

So again I was complaining.

I really need to work on it.

I wanted the kid's bathroom to be done.  I wanted a fun paint color.  I needed a new shower curtain, maybe with some sharks and fish on it from Land of Nod.  I was going to put stars up near the bathtub, (never said I was good at decorating or coordinating) It was going to be great.

I wanted some wallpaper behind the shelves.  We really needed new towels for the kids.  The bathroom looks like something out of a hotel.  Super boring.  No flash of color there.

Danny reminded me that we were having two more children and didn't have the money to spice up the kid's bathroom. 

Ugg.  Imagine telling a 3 year-old she can't have a sucker.  I was such a baby about it.

Then I remembered Jesus.

I thought he would say something like this to me, "Oh dear sister of mine, get your mind right.  You are not coming to Heaven with your Land of Nod shower curtain.  Your kids will never remember the ugly wallpaper you want to put up.  The good life has nothing to do with being wealthy and wanting things.  I am already annoyed that you are storing a bed in your attic, when I have many brothers and sisters without one."

Well of course I don't know that he would say that, but it might be something like that.

I sure got rid of that bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment