9.06.2012

The Adventures of a Stay at Home Mother.

I wanted to title this: Amanda and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day, but then reality struck and I realized that there were a little bump in my day, but certainly nothing to cry about.

I have my nephew Cruz, because I beg for him on a daily basis, and my sister was tried of hearing it.

Yesterday was Ceal's first day of preschool.  I was not the mother there with a camera and husband in tow.  I was the mother there asking Cruz and Sebastian to get real for a second and quit pulling hair, and trying to rip Ceal off my body to enter the classroom.  No pictures needed.

Today, we needed to visit Gram Jo.  She lives in an Alzheimer's home that would scare the hiccups out of anyone.  You leave there never wanting to get old or if so having a back up plan.

We always go to Steak N Shake because Gram Jo be loving her some milk shakes.  You best believe I will be drinking milk shakes and eating fries everyday of my life when I am older.  I ordered 3 shakes and was on my way.

I had Cruz and Sebastian in the good double umbrella stroller that my best friend, Whit, let me borrow.  We cruised into Gram's place.  Most of the elderly there have lost their minds, literally.  I usually go with my little sister, Mackenzie.  I have tears in my eyes the whole time, not because of the reason you are thinking, but because Mackenzie talks to everyone there like they are totally with it.  When Dotty is selling the seat cushions from her couch, Mackenzie pulls out a buck and asks if she can buy it.  However, this time there was no Mackenzie.

I don't watch scary movies.  But say I did.  I would see this older woman at my Gram's place.  She has hair that needs to be brushed in a pony.  She scares me in a bad way.  I really love everyone there so I try to smile big.  Today she was on a mission.  A mission to steal my children.  She grabbed at Cruz.  I mean really grabbed him.  He screamed a scream you could hear miles away.  Then she went for Sebastian.  He thought she was crazy and jumped out of the stroller.  I mean he leaped forward and fell onto the ground.  So I am holding both my boys.  They are screaming for dear life as I am trying to run around the place away from Ms. Grabs a lot.  She is following me.  I am confused, because how does she get around this fast.  She is yelling, "but I just want to hold them."  Are you wondering where Ceal is?  Me too.  Ceal is standing on a chair screaming.  I have no more hands.  I finally get someone to help Ms. Grabs a lot.  The woman helping says, "She just really loves kids."  Super.  I feel horrible, because she has to be detained in the upper level.  She was in a bad place.  I am sweating from head to toe.  All my kids are screaming.

I take the kids to Gram's room but none of them will stop crying.  I try to put one on the bed and hold the other but there is no consoling them.  I mean screaming.  3 different workers tried to help me, but we were not calming them.  How was I going to leave you ask?  I had to put both boys in the stroller, and carry Ceal.  My undies were showing, I was sweating through my clothes, and of course no one helped with the doors to leave.  We were covered in milk shake, my shorts were falling down, and I couldn't get out the front door.  Don't worry, the beauty at the front desk was watching me the whole time. 

Ceal keeps asking me questions.  She will have nightmares about this, I am sure. 

2 comments:

  1. This post and your next one just made me laugh so hard I bounced the baby in my belly, haha. (and now he's bouncing back)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy! Oh Goodness I love you! And that baby too, wish you lived closer so I could take you and the babe on my wonderful adventures.

    ReplyDelete