10.17.2012

The Plight of the Orphan.

My passion started out wanting, hoping, praying that all the orphans in the world would find a loving family.  I saw their faces in books, meetings, or in my sleep.  I needed to help them find homes.  I saw Cealy and Sebastian in everyone of these children.  What if Cealy or Sebastian was born and no one wanted them?  What if no one wanted to love them and hold them when they were crying?  Oh, there was no doubt I had to fight for these children.

When my husband decided he too had this passion, we decided to bring our children home through adoption.  Then my focus became my children.  Selfish I became.  I wanted my children home.  I wanted God to keep them safe and healthy.  I didn't have patience.  Then I got an email that said a host of new people joined our agency from another.  "NOOOOOOO!"  is really what went through my head.  Then I had to smack myself.  "Amanda, have you lost what in life you want most for children?"  Yes, I had.

How amazing it is that more families are joining our agency.  How amazing it is that our agency is taking in all these families to help bring as many children as they can home.  I want all our children in this world to have a family that will go to the ends of the earth for them.  And so many more children will now have this.  What a blessing. 

So now while I am waiting, I can't help but smile.  I had no idea how many wonderful families wanted to bring children home this way.  I read on our forum everyday, a new family with wonderful news.  Twins coming home.  An 11 day old baby being presented to a family.  Two toddlers.  I rejoice.  I thank God.  I thank Jesus.  And I will wait.  I will wait for weeks, months, and years if it means that more children are coming home to their families. 

2 comments:

  1. Glad to have found your blog. We have the same passion. I just spent the last two years with foster kids in Asia. I hope to adopt some day even if I never marry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How Amazing! I would love to hear about it! What a journey! I was a nanny for a woman who adopted a little girl from China by herself. I babysat for her when she needed. I love them together! They both taught me a lot about what matters in life. I commend you for thinking about it!

    ReplyDelete