10.16.2012

Being 3.

I think some may forget what it is like to be 3.  Believe me, most of my family and friends will tell you I am a strict mother.  We don't talk back in this house, and we expect a lot from our children.  However, I also remind myself daily how old Cealy is.

She is having a hard time in school.  She still cries everyday.  The other children have stopped, and understand their routine.  Ceal wants nothing to do with it.  It takes a lot for me to take her to school.  Really I would rather her stay home.  So her not liking school is difficult for everyone.

I have talked to Ceal about crying.  I was angry when I found out one day that she cried the whole 4 hours.  I will pick her up, thank you.

Cealy and I have a deal now.  If she cries in her day at school then she gets no fruit snacks.  Fruit snacks are Ceal's favorite food...her first word...her dream snack.  I have this down.  I am her mom.  I know my child.  So yes I became "crazy" today at school when I came in, and Cealy was crying in the line to go home.  I tried to get there before they lined up, but today I was 1 minute late.

A teacher that I had not met before was speaking to her like she was maybe six.  "Why are you crying, I told you your mom was coming?"  "You want me to put you in the car line?"

Now I got fired up.  The car line scares Ceal.  She is very sensitive, and does not like loud noises.  I spent all my teachers days making sure I knew my students.  Could you please get to know my daughter?

I bent down to hug Ceal and tell her she knew mommy was coming.  Then that same teacher asked her classmates?!? if she was the one who always cried?

I really wanted to just relax and let God.  I know he will take care of me and everyone else who judges others unfairly or treats someone in an unkind way.  I really wanted to.  I just couldn't.

So I made a little scene.  She is 3.  She is 3.  She is 3.  And shame on you for not loving her anyway.  She did not get her fruit snacks.  She was sad.  I was sad.  The deal was no crying.  But I will handle it, thank you.

1 comment:

  1. Bless your heart. She IS 3. Glad you stood up for your baby. XO.

    ReplyDelete