7.12.2013

Are You Moving?

This is the question we have been asked a lot lately.  "Are you moving?"  And it always baffles me, because we don't have a "For Sale" sign in our yard.

It took my awhile to comprehend.  I mean, I don't generally see a friend or neighbor and ask, "Hey, how have you been?  Oh and are you moving?"

Then someone added on to their question and this time it was clear, "Are you moving?...because you don't have enough bedrooms?"

Ehhhh, really?  See I never saw this as a moving point.  Bedrooms are for sleeping.  I lived with 120 women in college and slept in a cold dorm.  Chicago was the best place to have lived, because the living space was so small we were forced to get outside everyday.  I think this is a rich people thing, because most people don't have their own bedrooms.  A lot of my students in Chicago shared rooms with their mom.  They all slept in the same bed.  And these were some cool kids.

My favorite memory is my sisters and I playing games and laughing until we fell asleep.  My little sister would hide our stuffed animal in the same darn place every time it was her turn.  She turned out to be brighter a couple of years later.  Hehe.

Yes, our children will all share rooms, and to be honest I think they will be better for it.  Plus, I am still scared to sleep alone so anytime my husband travels I will be bunking it with my boys :)

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree! But maybe that is because I have shared a room with someone my whole life.

    ReplyDelete