11.13.2012

Thanks Be to Women...

A thankful post has to be to all my adorable women friends.  I am a girl's girl.  No one has ever confused me for a guy's girl, "You don't even know she's a woman...she can hang with the best of us"  Ummm, No. Not me.  Just ask around.

Maybe I freak out a sweet woman in the car while we are waiting at a red light.  I see her tired but smiling, doing tricks to make her tots happy in the back.  I wink or maybe wave and she is probably thinking who is that crazy?  Why, yes that is me just thinking you are awesome.

Danny is my best friend.  He and I have about the most fun ever, but I sure am thankful for my lady friends.  Even just walking in the grocery, you see other moms, riding the struggle bus, have 3 kids attached to their cart, and singing "The Wheels on the Bus."

I drive a van, enough said.  Danny is not rocking that van to work, he is deciding between two different SUVs...

Aisha and I always, yes always find ourselves alone with the children.  Now the men are around, but we cannot find them.  It is like we came her together, what happened? 

We were at Lincoln Park Zoo last weekend when a man came in the gorilla's indoor habitat in a fuss.  He found a peach of a worker, and "Oh Mam, you have to tell me where the restrooms are, they are open right?? I mean this baby here has a doody and I have got to have a changing table, you have to help me."  When he was told that in fact LP Zoo is free and there are not restrooms at every corner, he freaked.  Even the woman gorilla wondered what on earth his problem was.  I just wanted to take the child for him, change him on the floor like any woman would do, and carry about my day.  But I let him struggle, and I hope he went home to his wife and explained what a terrible morning he had...to see her reaction...it would be great.

I know, I know, it's hard to be a man too, or is it?


No comments:

Post a Comment