11.10.2012

Thankful for Sebastian.

 November is for being thankful, so I must start with one of my sons, Sebastian. 

I am thankful because, he is all boy.  He is such a boy that when my neighbor comes over she tells me I am her birth control....every time.

I am thankful because he loves: Toilets, trashcans, sinks, vents, balls (to throw at people), hitting, pulling hair, smiling, pacifiers, climbing, and hugging.-And that list is in correct order.

I am thankful because he is preparing me for a life with two more boys.  I am every so thankful for it.  When people see my at lets say, My Gym, they usually remark, "So you are adopting two?  Two more?"  Oh Yes, I am, and will they ever be the team!

I am thankful because I get it.  He is a bear.  I just LOVE him.  I never sit down, not for a single minute.  Because the second I do, his spider man hands have worn off and he falls off the wall he was trying to climb.  (Brooke sent me a picture this week of Max sitting on top of the table when she thought she could use the restroom for 30 seconds).

I am thankful because he is not laid back, so I do not have to work out on the regular.  Last week in Chicago, I was walking to the park with a friend whose son is Sebastian's age and I kept looking into her stroller when we got to the park.  He just sat there, patient as can be, ready whenever she was ready to get him out.  Was he asleep?  I didn't know, because my son was back bending arching screaming mad and needed out right then.

Danny took out the trash today (a first)  and heard it singing.  "Amanda, did you throw a toy away?"  I didn't answer, hoping he got the message and then he went digging in to find the toy Sebastian threw away...

I often hear Danny saying that Sebastian won't sit still for him to put on pajamas.  "No worries, he won't sit still to put on socks, my love."

I am so very thankful, because I am learning a completely different way to parent.  Each child is different right?  Time outs are often.  Curiosity never gets old.  And he is always up for an adventure.  Who could not love that?

I am so thankful for his love.  He thinks I am the end all be all.  The second I do sit down he comes to sit in my lap.  Ohhh, the LOVE I have for this child.

The picture above is Ceal and Cruz pretending to drive their space ship.  The picture below is Sebastian picking up the art easel and throwing them both back into the wall.  Time out= smiling.


Going in for a hit.  My mother keeps saying, "Oh Mandy he is just hitting because he loves her so much." - I bet that is how my mom handled me hitting?

No comments:

Post a Comment