11.07.2012

Real House What?

So I decided to.day.  I am no longer watching Real Housewives of Anything.  Need no applause, I know, I know most of you are wondering what in the world I was doing watching it anyway.  I was trapped.  I watched the first seasons and then I HAD to keep watching.  You laugh.  I really liked watching it.  Plus, I love talking to my sisters about each episode.  Until to.day.  You see, I seem to get more upset than the cast members when they are constantly arguing and mean to each other.   There are no real life problems in these shows, but how much money does that cost?   The show is anything but real.  Then one of the ladies gets a car as a gift that cost $100,000 dollars.  Real. Life?

I realized right then.  You wonder why I didn't realize years ago?  Me too.  That car could send 3,333 children to school in a place where they cannot afford to go.  4,166 more mothers could afford to feed their children every month.  For so many children who cannot eat or attend school, this car could send 21 children to school for 13 years, my friends.  21 children would graduate from school with 13 years of schooling behind them for the price of this car.  I do not care how much money you make, buying a car that expensive is not real.

Real is looking at a photo of the most beautiful boys in the world and knowing they do not know they are part of a family...yet.  Real is knowing when I pick up my sons I will be leaving behind millions of kids that want nothing more than to come home with me.  Real is hugging a woman Sunday whose husband lost his job: who works everyday with my grandmother and others suffering from Alzheimer's and still has not enough gas money to get to work.  Real is hearing from a friend that her daughter is not feeling well and needs a transfusion on top of getting chemo once a week.  Real is hearing her stories about mothers and fathers falling to their knees when their children cry out in pain at the hospital.  Real is wanting to celebrate with a friend who is newly 12 weeks pregnant, but does not want to get her hopes up because her last child died 2 hours after birth.  Real is a miscarriage.  Real is beautiful too.  Celebrating a clear scan is real.  Celebrating my nephew being two is real.  Celebrating our beautiful boys and brothers every time we wake is real.  Celebrating Avery peeing on the potty is oh so real.  Sometimes I wonder if they are sheltered and don't know that real exists or is it show?

Fact: I am forever changed by my sons.  Let me never fall victim to a life where money is no object.  I will forever fight to feed children in a world where they are dying everyday.  I will forever fight to help families bring home their children if it means I never buy luxury things.  I will forever fight to help pay medical bills for a family that is drowning in debt.  I will forever remember that my money is not really mine, but God's.  Do with it what He wish.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, this is so beautifully written and my heart is in sweet agreement with you. Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete