11.09.2012

Belinda.

Our lovely Belinda, who has been our "daughter" for sometime, recently lost both her parents.

I signed up to support a child with my first classroom through ChildFund.  I did not teach what we were suppose to in Science (just for a couple of weeks, friends) and instead taught my classroom about what other children experience around the world.  They were in shock and wanted to help. 

I told them to each bring in one dollar a month.  They would sign the dollar with their signature and put it in our glass classroom jar.  Boy did they love signing their dollars.  The first month we received pictures of our dearest Belinda.  She was a couple years behind my students and they just loved her.  She wrote letters and explained that she was going to school, eating, and helping around her home.  She always said she was so thankful and had nothing to give us- Ahhh, if she only knew how much she was giving my students and myself.

Years later, and I still have this dear child.  I wrote a post about her last year.  When she received our Christmas money she sent in a picture of her standing with her stuff.  A mattress, blankets-for her siblings, new shoes, and a new school uniform.  Makes my heart smile, this dear child.

So please keep her in your prayers.  She lives in Zambia, and now both of her parents have passed away.  I got a letter from a family friend saying she went to live with her aunt far from where she used to live with her mother.

I just wrote her a letter.  Hope to hear from her soon. 




No comments:

Post a Comment