1.27.2012

The Things she says...

I told Ceal I think it was time she sat on the potty.

"Ummmm, I don't think so, but thank you for asking."

I starred at her in amazement for I think about a minute before she said, "I have to go now and finish my books in the book room, Bye."

And she left. I had no comment and really I couldn't move because I instantly thought I had a teenager, who thought being polite would get her out of being grounded or something.

When Nana came to babysit while I went to the dentist for the first time in...well I will just say a while, Nana told Cealy that Sebastian wasn't smiling. Cealy told her, "Well, he just misses my mommy."

She covers her ears the second we open the door to the garage, because she is afraid of the garage door opening. She thinks it is tooo loud. Cecilia is sensitive, I have learned. We all think our children are especially special of course. God made Cecilia for Danny and I to share with him. And I am ever so thankful. She is beyond my wildest dreams. She has never had any jealousy towards Sebastian. When he cries, she tells me to hold him and we both sing what my mom sang to me many years ago:

Mr. Moon, Mr. Moon you're out too soon, the sun is still in the sky.
So go back to bed and cover up your head, and wait till the day goes by.
Coo Coo Coo Coo Coo Coo Coo Coo Coo Coo.
From out the old battered down tree, the owl cries out, "Whose here?"
And from the distant forest, the Coo Coo answers clear.
Coo Coo Coo Coo Coo Coo Coo Coo Coo Coo.

No comments:

Post a Comment