10.31.2013

To Be Jonah.


Remember the story.  God gave Jonah an important job, but Jonah wasn't having any of it...so he ran.  I remember laughing when reading the whole story in my Life Application Study Bible months ago.  I mean really Jonah, hiding from God who sees everything?  You are not very bright.  Fast forward a couple of months, and I too was thinking about all the places I could hide out for awhile.  I started an important journey awhile back, and I am too scared to finish.  God has a path outlined for me, but I am not so sure I want to take it.  I am scared.  My basement has lots of good hideouts.  I could at least survive a couple of weeks, but could I be quiet?  But I wanted this!!  But I am really scared.  But I didn't sign up for this part!!  But God's plans are different from my own. 

I am following it.  I don't want to be swallowed by a whale, as that route seems even scarier than the one we are about to go on...Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment