11.12.2013

Some Fall Fun.

Soccer season is over but good thing Sebastian had his buddy to sit alongside the field and watch soccer unfold. 

They enjoyed sitting in the sideline chairs better than playing.  At one point Cealy told me she just follows Taylor all over the field...not the soccer ball.  Yikes.  It really helped she had two friends with her always. 


I miss this chick so much.  Just holding her during the day was so good for my mood.  Can't wait for her return in December.  I kept all her baby toys out for her return.

I am surrounded by cuteness!  Adam and Ashley's daughter is to die for!!








We left the city for a bit and headed to Michigan!  Dan's co-worker is about the most fun person ever and let us stay at her house there.  We went to a carnival where Sebastian rode a horse and Cealy played in the bounce house.  We ate ice-cream, because you cannot vacation and not eat ice-cream.  We ate Mexican food, my favorite!  We played hide and go seek outside at night, roasted marshmellows, and watched a movie.  I attempted a 300 piece puzzle.  I was doing good until I realized that two of the four animals were the same color and all the pieces looked the same.  Guess and check...not my style.




I am reading a book about parenting children from hard places.  One of the activities was to play with rice and hide small toys.  I am starting to get together things like this to do.  I pulled it out for Cealy and Sebastian and they loved it!  I also added a tupperware of beans.  As they were playing, I realized that this activity will not be suitable for our 3 coming home.  This is the meal they have eaten everyday since birth.

She is so awesome. My biggest helper.  She asks Sebastian if he needs to go potty, tells him to eat all his food or no snack, and plays with him all day.  If he hits her she says, "Just say sorry to me and I'll forgive you."  She tells me everything is he trying to say.  It is amazing how reasoning with her has made such a difference.  When I am making dinner, she knows that if her and Sebastian argue that can't watch a show before bed.  Cealy keeps bringing me things for her sister.  "I want her to have this."  "Will you tell her this for me, Mommy?"  Her imagination and her questions astound me.  "So you are telling me that our brothers and sister don't live in Heaven, but they can't live with us right now?"  This morning she is captain of her ship.  We argue about clothes, and she looks like she is dressed for Wacky Wednesday about everyday. 


Everything about him makes me smile.  He is the snuggliest lover ever.  His hugs make me feel like the most special mother on earth.  He is talking so much!  He loves for me to hold him and sing (unlike Ceal who tell me that she can't enjoy the song if I am singing).  He loves "Finding Nemo," and "Calliou."  He loves to read, run, hug, say he's sorry, tell people they are mean, and go anywhere and everywhere with me.  He is the best at hide and go seek.  He can seriously not move or breathe, it cracks me up.  He runs into church now and into his class.  He throws the world's biggest tantrums.  I had to unhook his legs off the toy riding horse at the grocery this weekend, while he screamed the whole way out.  He understands time-outs now, but cries for me while there, and my heart melts.  I am so in love with this guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment