11.24.2013

You're Invited.


You're invited.  You made the team.  I don't know about you, but those words put a huge smile on my face.

I didn't make the cheer-leading team my first year trying out.  I was devastated.  I cried for weeks.  All my friends made it...and I didn't. 

I didn't get into the sorority I thought I wanted to be apart of in college the first time.  I was a wreck.  I cried for a week, and told my mom I wanted to drop out of college.  "Mom, please, I don't want to go back. You don't get it, my life is over."

So you are telling me I'm invited and I made the team, Jesus!  I am thrilled!  The best part about Jesus' party is everyone is invited.  Everyone I love.  Everyone that I think is the best of the best.  Everyone that I don't know is invited.  We are all invited.  He does not have two lists, friends.  We are all on the first list.  He doesn't love anyone more than someone else.  Isn't that refreshing?  So when you feel guilty reading about a missionary giving it all, and you wonder I bet Jesus is so much loving her.  Yes, He does, but no more than He loves you.  Is that not so great?  He loves you for your talents, and we all have different ones.  He loves everyone so much and the same.  He knows we will be happier living with Him in our hearts, so He wants us to seek Him and His father, God. 

In church the past 3 weeks, our pastor has been describing Jesus.  One of the words made me crack up.  Partier?  Did you really say partier?  Then I thought back to His disciples eating, drinking, dancing, healing, and being merry.  Oh, I get it.  Jesus came to invite us to His party.  And this party, everyone can come to.  Just ask Him.

Finally, a team and party we can all be invited to, I'm in!!

No comments:

Post a Comment