8.26.2013

Because of Sarah.

I grew up with a story that lives with me everyday.  We were in 3rd grade.  A little girl who was my age drowned in the bathtub.  We were old enough to be in the bath alone.  Her sister was in there with her, and her mother ran downstairs for a short time to get something in the kitchen.  She slipped getting into the tub and hit her head.  She went under water and then went home with Jesus.

I tell you that she lives with me every bath.  You hear the stories of something terrible happening to someone, let alone a child, and those around them live different.  I live different.  I don't take my eyes off my babies in the bath.  I didn't even know her.  My parents met her family, and my best friend was friends with her.   Over twenty years later and this precious young girl has taught me an important life lesson.  I can assure you had this event not happened in my life I would think running downstairs to grab laundry or grabbing my phone or something else was acceptable.  This little girl has saved many lives.  Her family probably doesn't know the extent of it.

Courtney and I gave our children a bath Saturday night.  She was friends with this sweet girl, and still gets sad talking about what happened.  We watched our children, and thanked this sweet young girl for her lessons.  How slipping is so easy.  How water can be so dangerous.  How her life saved so many of her generation's children.

Because of Sarah.  She saved so many.

No comments:

Post a Comment