3.26.2013

So Why Did You?

decide to adopt?

Ultimately I can tell you we wanted, prayed, begged, and pleaded for more children in our family.  Yes, we could have more biological children but it was not for us (but believe me I love me some Duggars.)  For us "Love is Thicker Than Water."  Blood is for the birds.

This is my awesome shirt that I sport around town.

Not all my husband's family is blood related.  What?!?  Yes, he was adopted into a family with a dad and mom that are about as cute as it gets.  I feel like their 3rd daughter and there is no blood line there.  There has never been a situation where blood was a problem, because "Love is Thicker Than Water."

My grandmother is my gram.  If I'd a picked a grandma, she'd be the one which is great because God chose her to be mine, and we are not blood related.  She helped smack me around when I was younger...kidding.  She loves me, listens to my crazy stories, does my laundry when I am tired and cranky, and claims me in public.

My aunts and cousins are not blood.  What?!?  I can assure you that some of my very best friends don't even know this.  I had 16 ladies in my wedding.  I have a lot of girl cousins and can you believe it, their mother is not my mother's sister like I always said...She is just her best friend.  But we grew up together always called each other cousins, and they mean everything to me.  Because "Love is Thicker Than Water."

My aunt who thinks our boys coming home are also coming home to her house is not my blood aunt.  She threw every single shower for me.  She prays for me on the regular.  She is the best listener and advice giver.  She loves me like her niece and has never once faltered in that.  Because, "Love is Thicker Than Water."

My best friends are also my family.  I grew up with them.  We laugh, argue, hug, and listen like any sisters would.  I will always believe that it is Love not blood that matters.

1 comment: