3.14.2013

Sorry About Your Wait.

I love waiting...said no one ever.

I love long lines at the grocery.  I love waiting at Walmart, because there is almost never anyone crazy in line with you.  I love waiting at the doctor's office.  I love long lines at Starbucks and Qdoba...my favorite.  Not so much.

I am at a point in our adoption where I could just squeal.  I want our boys home.  I have done enough day dreaming, and I would like to start our lives with them.  I can't stand the waiting.

Anyone and everyone I see, "Sooooo, have you hearddddd?"  That is all I hear because when they get to the part about the boys, I am mentally talking myself into saying something polite.  Everyone has such a big heart and they care about our boys, bless their sweet hearts.   Personally, I love the question, "What takes so long?" 

Here is the truth.  In this waiting,  I have stored up an enormous amount of love for our boys.  I have read more of the Bible than in my life.  I have met friends that add significantly to my life.  In this waiting, I was worried.  Did we have the money for everything?  God would provide but how?  My friends pulled through.  God tugged on their hearts and I have been given car seats, a double stroller, and more clothes than I could have imagined.  While waiting, I have seen the love that surrounds me.  Large packages in the mail, (Danny looked at me with some mean ol eyes thinking I purchased it, but then had the same astonished look I did when we realized a friend did.)  So beautiful things are happening to our family while we wait.  And we will wait. 

We will wait for as long as it takes to be your family.

No comments:

Post a Comment