3.08.2013

That is Thy Question?

To guard or not to guard, that is thy question?

I often read adoption forums with questions that look a lot like these:  How did you feel when you got your referral?  Should I feel a certain way?  Should I tell people?  I shouldn't get excited right?  Should I tell my friends?

I wondered all these answers too.  Really you could compare it to being pregnant in the first trimester.  Some people tell and others don't. 

Everyone has a different way of handling things...so I wanted to share my experience.

Jump in.  Let you heart be filled with love no matter what.  Don't think about what could happen, but think about this life on the other side.  If anything were to happen, this child will be a part of your heart, visions, dreams forever regardless.  How amazing would it be to meet a little one in Heaven that you prayed, hoped, and loved, even though you never met?

Don't listen to others, listen to your heart.  If it tells you the best thing is to guard it, so you won't get hurt, then by all means guard it for your well-being.  If it tells you that nothing seems more amazing than the thought of having this child or children home, then scream it from the roof tops.  Tell your favorite cashier at the grocery, make it as exciting as you feel.

After all, sometimes we let our negative thoughts take residence in hopes that we won't get hurt.  Being positive and maybe downright obnoxiously optimistic won't take our joys away.  It will not change our outcome, our story is written.  by Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment