2.14.2013

Valentine's Party.

I knew this day would come.  When I felt terrible for not being able to do it all. 

Having one child or even spreading them out more makes giving your children that one on one attention so easy.  But I wanted it this way.  I want my children to be close in age.  I wanted love to matter more than perfection.

Okay so at school today there was a game, art project, and cookie making fun.

I watched parents sit with thier kiddos and perfectly glue the wings to their Lovebug: Cealy's were on upside down.  She glued the heart piece to her face.  Sebastian was slapping the table and eating the stickers.

Cookie making-I could not help put on her icing as Sebastian was running all over the room.  And yes I brought a stroller, but if you have ever heard Sebastian in the stroller you would beg me to get him out. 

Bingo-There was no prompting Ceal to put the candy on the correct letter, shape, or number in Bingo.  I could not pay attention to the game.  She just wasn't going to win.  Sebastian was under the cookie table at this point eating left overs.

When Ceal's delicious teacher was reading a book at the end of the party I was in the back of the room holding Sebastian with all of my might.  I looked at Ceal across the room and she smiled so big.
It just didn't seem to matter that I couldn't be like the other moms in her class today. 

As we drove home, Sebastian and Ceal were dancing, clapping, and laughing to Nicki Minaj on the radio, and I thought, "This is what matters.  We may have it crazier than others, but what a full life she has with this brother of hers."





No comments:

Post a Comment