2.21.2013

Like Mother, Not Like Daughter.


Oh, The Differences.
  • I happen to be one of the people enjoys pajamas all day.  They are comfortable and I enjoy comfort.  Cealy wakes up at 6:30 every morning and dresses before she comes downstairs.    She has to be dressed for the day the second she wakes up.  Why?  You ask.  I can't figure it out.  Today she asked me to get dressed.  "I am."  (I already went to the dentist and was back by 7:30am.)  "No, Mommy, in some jeans."  My work out pants are not jiving with her style.
  • Cealy knows her way around town.  Anyone who knows me, knows I don't know my way out of the neighborhood yet.  I get lost going to Walmart.  Cealy knows what streets are where so I could not even trick her if I wanted.  The other day we were going to Target and I never said where we were going.  Cealy asks "Why are we were going to Target?" and I look all confused and she says, "This is the way to Target or the Library."  Total Shock.
  • Cealy knows everyone's birthdays.  I mean everyones.  If I am filling out forms, I just need to check with my 3 year-old.  "Hey, When is daddy's birthday again?  Oh. Right.  And Sebastian's?"  This chick knows both my sister's birthdays and my parents.  She asked me when Marm's birthday was and I said, November 16th.  She says, "No that is my cousin Cruz's birthday."  And she was right.
  • Cealy wants to know what we are doing at the beginning of each day.  She wants the run down.  Look friends, I just purchased a calendar and I am 30.  I like to see what the day brings.  On Thursdays, she wants to know what her weekend will look like.  What are we doing?  Who are we seeing?  "Can you tell me what we are doing this weekend?"  3.years.old.
  • Cealy constantly tells me I am silly.  I just realized she truly thinks her mother is silly.  I can never find my keys when we go somewhere.  I don't own a purse so my coat pockets are a hoarder's dream.  Cealy has a princess purse.  I asked her why she didn't put anything in it.  You ready.  "I like it clean in there."  She is my older sister.  Yikes.
  • Sometimes the polite police is a bit too much.  "We shouldn't eat with food in our mouth, mommy."  Why, thank you. 
  • I try to break up the Winter by having indoor picnics.  I throw out a big blanket.  "Does daddy know we are eating on the carpet?"  I think we should eat at a table."
  • I hand her a snack on a whim.  "I think I need a napkin so I don't get food everywhere."  Oh, sure that sounds like an adult thing to do.
  • I let Sebastian roam without a diaper at times (helps his diaper rash)  "Daddy doesn't like it when Sebastian doesn't have a diaper on.  He will pee on the carpet."  "Okay, so are you going to tell him?"  And she does.
At this point she will be smarter than me at 5.

1 comment:

  1. Oh how I love your daughter! And this post! I smiled and giggled THE. ENTIRE. TIME. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete