2.10.2013

Chosen.

I always tell Ceal she was chosen to be Sebastian's, M's, and D's, sister.  She has a very important role in this life.  She is to love and encourage 3 boys forever.

Yesterday, we were sitting around our table eating when Cealy said, "I can't believe I get to be their sister.  I have so much to teach them."  I love that she feels so special in our journey together.

I have this tattoo.  CHOSEN.  I got it many years ago with my little sister.  Being the great older sister that I am...I made her go first.  No tears, in fact she told me it didn't hurt.  My older sister got a Christian fish on her ankle and no tears so I jumped up on the table and realized my sisters have a pain tolerance that is not normal.  I begged our tattoo artist to "plaaaeeeaaassee stop," but he thought, "Cho" would not benefit me.

Everyone has a different feeling about this word.  I am certainly not comparing myself to Jesus, as He is our chosen one.  I feel the word has made a big impact on my life and thus holds much importance.  I feel I was chosen for the life I am living.  I feel my children were chosen for Danny and I.  I feel my precious twins were chosen for us.  This is why my role as their mother is so special.  God chose two boys for our family, but ultimately all my children are His first.  

I have heard all the things to say or not to say in the adoption world.  It is overwhelming.  Make sure you never say this.... Make sure you say this, but not this...Some people say not to burden your children with the word, chosen.  But my boys were chosen.  They were chosen by our Father and His Son.  So when they look around at this huge world and wonder so many things, they can remember this:  They were chosen for this life.  They are so very special. 

No comments:

Post a Comment