2.25.2014

Pity.


"Be on guard against the pit of self-pity. When you are weary or unwell, this demonic trap is the greatest danger you will face."  -Jesus Calling By: Sarah Young

My aunt came over yesterday.  (Yes, my mom's best friend that I call my aunt.)  I wished she lived in my pocket.  So when I started to fall in the pit, she would pull me out.  She has the greatest relationship with our Father.  I can have the same one, but I have to work on it more.  This relationship grew over the last 30 years for her and she still works on it everyday.  

Anger and pity are two peas in a pod.  I fall in the pit, because I am angry.  See cause and effect- learning that in elementary was helpful after all!

I wrote her an email awhile back about me being angry.  Why won't God, our Father, help me?  Jesus is all loving, why won't He help?  She came over with her very much used Bible.  Tears for me, pinching doesn't work anymore.  She explained that God is hurting too.  We are His children.  No one loves us more.  There will be a day when He comes down from Heaven and destroys all evil.  On that day, those who believe in Him and His son, will live eternally with Him.  No more evil.  Why is there evil now?  We have free will.  Would we know compassion if there wasn't sin?  Would we understand true love?  Would be ever be truly passionate about anything if all we knew was love and perfection?  I took a lot in.  

We went through stories in the bible of Paul and Abraham and Sarah.  How their heartache was for a reason.  Honestly, I felt 100% better when she left, because I was suffering being angry with God.  Pam, you are so very special to me.  I hope you know how much you positively affect those around you.  



1 comment:

  1. You are so right, when "kids" are older they are not considered kids anymore so they can handle anything that is thrown their way. Any person I have ever talked to who said their parents got divorced when they were older said it was just awful (for so many reasons). You are so much more in tuned and aware of what is happening and that is just too much information about two people that you love unconditionally. Divorce is awful for any party involved and being aware of that is the only way to ease any of that pain. Great post Amanda!

    ReplyDelete