1.29.2014

Blueberry Muffins, Anyone?


I just so happened to skip the pregnancy hormones.  I know, I am so lucky right?  I was my sweet little self for the whole 9 months or so.  I remember thinking Danny was the luckiest guy on the planet.  And then a bunch of adoptive mamas and I were talking and I couldn't believe my ears.  Adoption hormone imbalances, no way.  Chalk that up to Danny being "the lucky guy," again.  I have been a peach for the last two years of this adoption.  Right?

Fast forward to Dan hitting up the grocery store for me this week.  I gave him the list on text- "You need to pick these items up before you come home."  Thanks.  I didn't even write thanks.

He walked in the door and was looking all worried. 

"You said, blueberry muffins, and I didn't know if you wanted ones to eat, like right now, or if you wanted the bake kind?" 

I respond: "Danny, the bake kind, when do I buy just regular muffins?" 

And he got all wide-eyed and then said, "Well I thought that is what you meant, so I got both.  But then you said with real blueberries."

Me: "Right the ones that say real blueberries on the box." 

"Right, well I saw that but I thought you would be upset so I got those and real organic blueberries in the fruit section.  Because at this point, I will buy the whole darn grocery store in order for you not to freak out."

So you're telling me I need to do a reality check...got it.

No comments:

Post a Comment