1.21.2014

Cealy's Memory.


Cealy likes to talk my ear off in the car.  (She is a lot like my sister who would pick me up for my 8 am class in graduate school and clap and ask 100 questions).  I would like to listen to music and maybe zone out for 3 minutes, but oh no, Cealy wants to talk about everything under the sun.  Now before you start calling me "the mean mother," I am never alone.  When I shower, this chick stands by my shower to talk.  She is the best 4 1/2 year old a mother could possibly ask for, but and she likes to talk a lot.

In the car yesterday:

"Mommy, do you remember the dress I wore to my 3rd birthday party?"

"No."  And I continue to listen to my music.

"Well, I wore a purple dress with a rainbow on it. Do you know where that dress is? I would like to wear it again."

"Wow, I can faintly remember that now, but no it is in the attic, because you outgrew it."  Music is now a little louder, praying she starts to jam and not talk.

"Did I have a bounce house for my 3rd birthday?"

"Ummmm, I don't think so Ceal.  I think we just got you and Sebastian one for your 4th birthday, the princess one." 

"I had a bounce house.  It was an animal one."

At this point I turn down the music, because I am catching on to the fact that she is quizzing me.

"Oh right, that is hilarious.  You did have an animal one."

"Did any of my friends get hurt?"

"Noooooo."

"Yes, Caroline did.  She stubbed her toe on our stairs in the garage. And you got her a band-aid."

"So are you asking me these questions to see if I know the answers?"

"I just was thinking you would forget, like you forget your phone everywhere."

This life is going to be quite interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment