1.29.2013

Forever Grateful.

I was able to see an incredible woman come home last night with her son.  I went with a friend to the airport and could not take my eyes off this little man who forever changed the life of his parents.  He was so handsome.  Just captivated by all the attention, he was running up to each of us.  I kept looking over at his mother.  Her eyes lit up.  Her heart full.  Her son was home.

I feel so blessed to be on this journey.  My sons will never know how much they changed our family for the better.  How jumping gave us a new look on life.  How praying for them led us to so many amazing people.  How loving them made our lives fuller.  How learning about their past made us feel extremely blessed that God chose them for us.  How understanding another culture has changed the way we see everything.  How seeing the way people live in a different country changed the way we live today.
  • My sons wear corduroy pants in summer weather.  One sports a pink shirt, because after all it is a shirt.  They don't wait for the perfect weather to play outside, they play in the rain.  They don't dine on medium rare steak or a McDonald's Happy Meal.  They eat what is available and sleep together. 
We passed court today (see my permanent smile)!  We became the legal parents of two precious babies who don't quite understand yet how much we love them.  Just imagine my dance party.

I was asked yesterday how in the world I was going to grocery shop?  How are you going to go on errands?  Where are they going to sleep?  And I just want to smile, because I feel like I know a secret.  The secret is: things don't matter, people do.  But it is not one of those secrets that is written on a canvas and placed on a wall.  My sons taught me that secret.  I am forever grateful. 

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you could be there to share our joy!!! :):):) LOVE this picture of you meeting Elijah!!!

    ReplyDelete