8.19.2014

Our Malachi.


Our hilarious, booty shaking, skipping everywhere, food loving, hug giving, Malachi is a gift from God. He finds me first thing in the morning and wants to be held. Then juice of course with cherrios, before breakfast. Malachi loves to smile, is obsessed with pictures, and loves every person he meets. He will play trains with his brothers or dolls with his sisters. He wants those around him to feel happy. Today at the doctor's office, he wrapped my arms around his chest. He wanted to make sure the doctors knew I was his mommy, and they were not to take him anywhere. As soon as he could trust them, he took their tools and started working on his brother. He was not quite as brave as Dominic when it came to blood draws and shots, but he did much better than I ever would. He is a hero of mine, this child. He makes me better.

Today, we were playing outside. We had such a fun day after our doctor's appointment. We went swimming and out to eat. I was sitting in my chair on the driveway when he walked up with tears streaming down his eyes. "Malachi, what is wrong?" He asks me where B (his sister) is? I say, she is in Congo, my love. God will bring her home to us soon. He doesn't stop crying so I hold him and I cry with him. He asks me if she is on an airplane to come see him. I cry and tell him no but soon. He didn't skip for the rest of the night, and when we put him to sleep he asked again. "Mommy, where is B?" Oh my heart, I am sad for him. I know God will bring her home. He is good all the time. Please pray for Malachi and B, and Dominic who wish to be together, and all the brothers and sisters in this world who are separated permanently. We are so very blessed we will have them all together soon.

1 comment:

  1. Oh sweet boy.
    How we will all celebrate when she comes home!!!

    ReplyDelete