4.15.2014

Why Are You Visiting?


It wasn't until the shutdown, that I ever gave a thought to, "Your children may never come home." They were legally ours. We celebrated. We bought bunk beds, 3 more of everything, and mentally prepared ourselves for a family of seven. We were elated. Our children not coming home? That thought never entered my mind.

Today, life is different. I know that my 3 children may never come to our home. I mourned that thought months ago. I still cry about it a couple times a week, and wake at night. I am still confused and ask Why? Everyday. But ultimately, I don't need to know that answer. They are God's children first. It pains me, but it is with reason.

Love in our home looks like a couple of things. Reading books and snuggling. Baking. Listening. Singing and cleaning. Laughing. Chasing and tickling. Time-outs and learning. Dancing. Hair doing, bath giving, train playing, no more energy, nickname giving love. Love Does. I read the book in a week- so life-changing.

Dominic, Malachi, and Rosalie deserve that love. They deserve the love that does. The love that visits and does what they can in a short amount of time to show 3 children that we love them to the moon and back. And if this is the last time we are together, they saw love. We saw love. Because when they are grown and look back on a tiny amount of time with two people who loved them very much, they might know what love looks like. After all, they changed our lives for the better, and they deserve a thank you.



1 comment:

  1. This broke my heart. A year ago we talked about how if all of this was to get them out of the orphanage and into safe arms for this time then you have done more for them than anyone has in their short lives. They will forever know that two people gave their all to save them and give them what is best. You did this. Out of the goodness of your heart, YOU did this for them. We have all changed because of your love and effort and we will always be grateful for that. Your three kids will come home and get to experience your love. Love you and your heart!

    ReplyDelete