3.19.2014

God Made Me This Way.


A couple of weeks ago, I was talking to Cealy about life. She didn't want to go to school because it was show-and-tell and she couldn't talk to her class. She said, "Please mommy, I don't want to go to school tomorrow. I cannot talk in front of my class." My heart was so sad for her. I am trying to build her confidence.

"Cealy, God made you the way you are. He made those little blonde streaks in your hair. He made you quiet and shy and sweet and compassionate. It is okay to be shy. It is even okay to not want to share anything at show-and-tell. God made you this way, but I want you to be confident with who you are. Be confident being shy."

Well she ran into my arms after class last Thursday, and whispered I talked to the class and shared Teddy (which is really a Koala-but besides the point). I high-fived her and she walked out of school feeling pretty darn confident.

Fast forward. This chick has gone too far.

Cealy, you cannot wake up at 3am and jump into my bed every night.

"Well, that's the way God made me, Mommy. He made me want to get into bed with you every night."

Wait what?

Cealy, you just ate 3 snacks and cannot have another.

"Well that is the way God made me, Mommy. He made my hungry all the time. I have to eat. God made me this way."

Hold on a minute.

Cealy, you are the world's messiest eater. Seriously, how did you get spaghetti all over yourself and the floor?

"God made me a messy eater mommy. I can't help it."

Super. Glad we had that talk.



No comments:

Post a Comment