9.01.2009

Emergency Room

For a week, I thought I was getting the flu. I felt so achy and everything I did was painful.  I attributed my symptoms to having a c-section with you.  That was until Saturday, August 29th when I had a high temperature and couldn't take it anymore.   I took a taxi to the Emergency Room downtown Chicago.  I didn't want you in the ER with all the sick Chicagoions, so I headed there alone.  I felt like I was in an episode of Grey's Anatomy.  There were people all around me with crazy illnesses and the only thing that separated us... was a curtain.  The guy next to me threw his cheese sandwich at the nurse, but that was better than the the other guy who had the police guarding his curtain.  So after four hours of craziness, I was told I had Mastitis.  The doctor, who was male, said to continue breastfeeding, even with Mastitis affecting both my breasts, and take antibiotics.  I realize men may never have to experience labor, a c-section, body parts that enable a baby to eat, and so on, but in that case maybe they shouldn't be allowed to give advice concerning something that is EXTREMELY painful.  So needless to say, I have to start you on formula when all your frozen milk is gone.  It was a sad day, but your mother had to stay sane while she took care of her precious baby.  It might be a journey to see what your little stomach can handle.   

No comments:

Post a Comment