11.10.2011

Be Content.

To be content is a awfully challenging thing these days. When I visit one of my dearest (yes I did use the word dearest) friend, Faithe, I learn to be content. Faithe and I always have the best talks. She is just like my sisters, Aisha and Mackenzie, and listens unbelieveably well, and that is hard to come by these days. Faithe had four babies in one day six months ago, we call them quads but they are very different and should be called by their names, Presley, Izzy, Miles, and Mason. I get overwhelmed looking in Faithe's sink. Goodness there are too many bottles for me to imagine cleaning. Let's face it, I switched to Playtex drop ins because they are easy to clean and Dr. Browns give me too much work. She has four babies each drinking Dr. Browns but won't complain about the work. Faithe said, "I could get overwhelmed, but today is never going to be like tomorrow and I will be in a different place next month, so I should live in the moment." And she does. Refreshing. She is not Pollyanna because we all know those people are on something prescribed. She is real...but thankful. I love that.

When Ceal naps I think of everything I need to do fast while feeding Sebastian, and playing with him, fast of course then running to get her when she wakes, but today was different. Today I held Sebastian the whole time. I napped with him. I looked at him and thanked God for everything he has given me, instead of asking why I have so many things I feel I need to do. I felt content, and I choose to work harder on being content in every moment. Thanks Faithe.

No comments:

Post a Comment